Sunday, October 31, 2010

Can I really do this?

Me:  I can.  I can do this.  I can write 50,000 words in thirty days.  Right?  I mean, I think I can.

Me:  I don't know.  That's a lot of words.  How am I gonna work, take care of the kids, eat, argue over homework, help the nine year old memorize a poem, sleep?

Me:  You're really pathetic, ya know.  You just got back from Surrey, with all that motivation and determination, and now you're doing it again!  You're doubting.  What happened to "today, we write" HUH?

Me:  Yeah!  There may come a time, when I give up.  But it is not this day.   This day, We Write!!!!



2 comments:

Susan Montgomery said...

LOL! Aven, I have the jitters too. But we can do this. We really can! If we fall short - that's okay too. Just think of all the words we got written that wouldn't have been written otherwise.

It's a win-win situation. :)

Zan Marie said...

Go, Aven! I'm not trying Nano, but I'm cheering you all on.