Friday, February 25, 2011

Shhh! Even the walls have ears.

I have a confession to make.

There's a new story brewing, and it has me totally distracted.  I haven't been able to write on my first WIP all week because these new characters keep nudging me.  Okay, that's a tad dramatic.  I have written a little...like one hundred words in the last week, which is so far below what I used to get in a day.  So today I gave up the fight and started writing this new one.  It feels a bit like adultery, running around on the other characters.  But Izzy, Joey, and Iain keep saying, "Nah, it's okay.  We'd rather nap anyway."

So with their permission, I'll see where this new one takes me.  At least it has me writing with enthusiasm again.

4 comments:

Zan Marie said...

Oh let them sleep. They'll be excited and noisy when you get back to them. ; )

Aven said...

Zan Marie,
That's what I'm hoping for *g* They need a wee nap after NaNo, I think.

S.P. Bowers said...

Squee! Can't wait to see some of it.

Aven said...

Me too, Spesh *g* I've only got a few paragraphs, the intro to two different scenes. But these characters are what Diana calls "mushrooms" (I think). They sprouted up from nowhere, fully formed...and loud, LOL