Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bronwen is definitely an Oggs

It's very strange to watch your children grow up. To see the traits of yourself, and family members long since passed, emerge in them. Even if they've never been around them to adopt the gestures/attitudes.
The last time I was at my dad's house he asked me... "So what's it like to watch yourself grow up?" He was referring to Bronwen's resemblance to me. I thought, I don't know, I didn't see myself grow up in the first place.
(Top: Me Bottom: Bronwen)
My grandfather, Billy Oggs (or "B" to our family), died when I was 16 so none of my children knew him. But everyday I see him in my daughter.
(Gaga & B, a.k.a. I'belle and Billy)
When Bronwen is told "NO" or doesn't get her way, she marches off and finds something to throw. She'll yell NO or DON'T! She'll find a door to slam or walk up to the table and hit it. And I keep expecting to hear her yell "GOD DAMMIT!!!" just like her great-grandfather, grandmother, and mother.

2 comments:

Jamie and Claire Tour said...

How Cute - a mini-me version of Aven!

R. J. said...

I discovered your blog today and I enjoyed my visit. From a Grandma, the little one is adorable. My grandchildren are four and one. Love those digital cameras because I can't take enough pictures of them.