Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Insert Clever Title Here

So there's a Church of Christ very close to our house. Their sign out front usually has who's the most recent members and baptisms, typical stuff. But every now and then they try to put something clever up. The newest one was almost a paragraph so I didn't get the whole message until I'd driven by about four times. But here's what it says: "Honk If You Love Jesus. Text Message While Driving If You Want To Meet Him Now."
It's funny if not a little morbid. But what strikes me as more than a little ironic is that the message is so long that it would more than likely make you wreck if you tried to read it all at one go. There's no good place to pull over to read it since both sides of the road are ditches. Most people would have better luck driving while texting than reading. As I said, it took more than a couple of drive-bys for me to get it.
As the host (Marc Maron) of my new favorite podcast says "WTF?"
I'll try to get a picture before they take it down and post it here. (and here it is...)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should call the church and let them know that you nearly had an accident trying to read their sign and that if they really cared about people crashing their vehicles they should shorten their sign.

Cara said...

Haha. It is pretty clever. It made me giggle when i saw it Sunday. Luckily I wasn't driving so I managed to read the whole thing without wrecking. lol

Jamie and Claire Tour said...

Hi Aven, That sign is very clever and very true - read on: A few years ago I was sitting at a traffic light, when a huge pickup truck (Ford F150 I believe) ran right up over the front of my car and just missed coming through the windshield and into my lap and yes - nearly killing me (touch wood). The man was answering his cell phone and only looked down long enough to pick it up. If any of you out there are still using your phone while your vehicle is running - then I ask that you stop now! Keep that sign up!