Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm back!


Some of you keep up with my ridiculous life via Facebook or Compuserve, but in case you don't... my three year old son has been in the hospital for two weeks for pneumonia. He ended up having surgery to clean out a pocket of pus in his left lung which resulted in a chest tube after surgery. He's been home since this past Wednesday. Ian is a little weak after basically being in bed for almost three weeks, but is getting stronger everyday.
During all the drama, there was an enormous outpouring of thoughtful wishes and prayers from the aforementioned online communities (feel free to catch up on the trials and tribulations of our hospital stay via the links above; I don't have room or time to rewrite it all here). I really can't thank y'all enough; it meant so much to me and my family.

Now we're counting down as the date for our Scotland trip approaches. I truly can't contain my excitement. I think about it hundreds of times a day. John confessed that he's nervous about leaving Ian after the recent hospitalization. I'm hoping that as it gets closer to departure time he'll be more comfortable with it. Kids are resilient and bounce back from things like this so much faster than adults do.

Anyhow, there's not much new here in Nashville. Just every day stuff, spring cleaning, work, kids, blah blah blah. I'm scrambling to catch up on the April writer's exercise for the Comuserve Writer's Forum, as well as get some work done on Blood Song. If I can, I'd like to polish up the short story about a cigarette for the Writer's Digest annual competition this year (due May 14th). We'll see how things go.

No comments: